Or well trying too at least. I should get back into this whole blogging thing, shouldn’t I? And I think now that my WoW dry spell is over it’ll happen. I didn’t stop playing the game, I didn’t even stop enjoying the game it’s just when I played I felt like I was in a coma, just going through the motions. I’m sorry to say that I didn’t even go through the regular motions of randoms and dailies. I would just log on and chat with a few people, maybe do the V-day bosses but something changed.
1. Maybe it’s that I’m finally on that updated computer? You know the one: where my lag was soooooo god awful that I had to cast dispersion 3 seconds before Algalon cast his explosion just to make sure I was protected in time? Well I talked to my guild about it and they recommended a good graphic card update. Well by the time I got around to buying it, it was about a month or so later. My mom took the computer in to her coworker who sent it to his friend, he later called me and this is what the conversation sounded like
Him: “Blah blah blah, core processor, blah blah, USB connectivity, blah, port driver.”
Him: “I see you play WoW”
Him: “Ok so you should be able to login in Dalaran and start moving right away . . .”
Me: “Oh yeah?”
Him: “Yeah it’s just every time I do this without using my computer’s power supply your computer shuts down, your power supply can’t handle it. I assume you want to raid, so I’ll put the old graphic card in and you can send your computer + graphic card + power supply later.”
So by the time I got the power supply it was late august and the day that my mom took all of that to work with her is when the house caught on fire and I lost my monitor, keyboard, mouse, and everything else. So I played off my laptop till we moved in back home and got new accessories. Let me tell you. It’s like playing a brand new game! Here’s a before and after:
This may be a little biased because of the whole Cataclysm update but I’m sure you understand what I mean about a WHOLE NEW FREAKIN’ GAME!
2. Maybe its the fact that my guild and I finally killed our first raid boss, Magmaw? I know we’re late to the game but our Cataclysm transition seems to have been a little more rockier than anticipated. Some of our guild members couldn’t play Cataclysm right from the get go, you know family issues or work related stuff. So some of our more impatient members felt they could do better and the either changed guild, or factions, or servers. Which obviously didn’t help our raid groups. So we went from 3-4 groups running 2-3 times a week for 3-4 hours a night to 1.5 groups (which needed to be merged so we could even get Magmaw down).
I see all the exciting things being posted on MMO-Champ and I don’t see epic mounts, I see things that I won’t be able to part-take in. I know it’s not my guilds fault, and I shouldn’t be complaining because if it did bother me that much than I could just leave and find someone else to run with, but I refuse to become part of the problem because every member the guild loses is another 1-2 weeks of recruiting and gearing to fill that slot. The only thing we’re really missing is another Tank. I have toyed with the idea of being a tank for my guild but first of all I’ve never played a melee character past level 15, which kind of alludes to the fact that I’ve never tanked before. Another very good reason for my hesitancy to tank is because I like my shaman too much to put him away for a rainy day.
Exciting this I’ll probably miss:
3. Or maybe it’s because I’ve found something to put a spring back into my step. I’ve recently started Arena-ing with Stalkuren (my shadow priest and his rogue) and we seem to be doing alright for ourselves, not to say that I haven’t eaten the dirt quite a few times. But I do look forward to every Tuesday when our points reset! We also part take in 3v3′s with a mutual friend who does sick DPS on his hunter but for our Arena team he sports his restoration druid. I should be getting my new weapon fairly soon. If not this week than next week.
4. It’s probable that because of the news of patch 4.1 coming out which means T12 is just around the corner as spurred me into action because as of yet I have yet to acquire a single piece of tier.
5. Last possible reason is because life seems to be finally slowing down. I’ve been having less homework (I’m jynxing it I know.) My classes while they aren’t easy they have less work than my previous ones (Calc and Vectors, Chem, English Lit, and Writer’s Craft). Best of all my English Lit class is online which means soon enough I’ll be able to leave school at 12 instead of 2.
Well what ever the reason for my spur in WoW, I’m glad and I’m grateful for it. I should be posting for regularly now which means Gearing up elemental Pt2 should be up shortly.